Sunday, September 10, 2006
Charlotte Gainsbourg / 'Watch out Hoges'
* Air + Cocker and Hannon + Godrich + Campbell + daughter of Serge = Possibly the pop album of the year. 5:55 is loveliness indeed. Francophiles need look no further for their next hit of pure Gallic bliss.
* A quick shout out to Lee and the gang for inviting me to play rekkkids at their End Of Summer bash at City Golf last week. Twas a pleasure fer shure. Anyone want to play FFR Pokemon? (Mr Metcalfe, I'm looking at you)
* Stereo goodness below. A mixed bag really this week, especially since Dylan's 'Nettie Moore' isn't exactly a rump shaker. Unless hearing Mr Zimmerman sing of sweet love makes you wanna 'zoom zoom zoom and a boom boom' (Trivial Pop Fact: This contained one of Pharrell's first recorded verses)
Scissor Sisters - I Don't Feel Like Dancing (Erol Alkan's Carnival Of Light Remix)
Justin Timberlake feat T.I. - My Love
The Rapture - Don Gon' Do It
Beyonce - Freakum Dress
Kelis - Fuck Them Bitches
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Cheated Hearts (Peaches Remix)
The Roots - Living In A New World
Pulp - Cocaine Socialism
The Dears - I Fell Deep
Charlotte Gainsbourg - Everything I Cannot See
New Young Pony Club - Get Dancey
J Dilla feat. Pharoahe Monch - Love
Bob Dylan - Nettie Moore
Damn Arms - Test Pattern (Darlin and Belgium remix)
* Speaking of Damn Arms, they've been on the road back home in Oz supporting electro-rock compadres Midnight Juggernauts whilst taking a break from recording their debut album. Rumour has it they might even be back in the UK before Christmas as well. Yeeee-ah.
* It seems half of London's indie community were crammed into 93 Feet East last night for CSS's 'oh-so-sexy-if-initially-beset-by-sound-problems' UK debut performance. If you missed out then I'd urge you to try and wrangle a ticket for this Sunday's sold-out gig at Dingwalls alongside fellow highly touted youngsters The 1990s, because these Brazilians won't be playing small venues like 93 for much longer. Oh, and did anyone manage to get one of Lovefox's mangoes? (no gutter humour intended)
* Finally, why are all the larrikin Australians suddenly heading upstairs to talk to the bloke/sheila at the pearly gates? First Steve Irwin, now Peter Brock. As my friend Tristan said, 'Paul Hogan must be shitting himself'. RIP Brockie.